Wow, what a church family! I have been here for one month, and my wife and girls joined me a week or so later. We have loved our time here so far. In the short time that I have been here, I have learned a number of things that I wanted to share with you.
1. Northeast is family: From our very first Sunday here the people here have been generous and kind. Even though we are brand new, we really haven’t met any strangers. Nor have we felt like strangers. It is awesome watching the church take care of one another through the various ministry endeavors. I know I don’t know the stories, or a lot of the names, I am honored to be part of such a loving and Christ centered church family.
2. Northeast loves Jesus: I can and have seen the Lord at work in the people of this congregation. Through the emphasis on ministering to families, preaching the Word in our assemblies and in our classes, to the outreach to the community, Northeast is a place where Christ is exalted and his people really are his hands and feet.
3. Northeast is passionate about their young people: One of things I have loved so far is getting to meet a lot of the teens and their families. I know I haven’t met all of them, but everyone has been receptive and I can sense the excitement as our work together is just beginning. The Youth Ministry here at Northeast is very active (from SMOREs Devotionals, to retreats, Game Nights, service projects, camps, classes, mission trips, etc.), and I am looking forward to all of our upcoming activities.
4. The office team is a team: Coming into a new place, there is always a little anxiety about seeing where and how things are done. My transition into the daily life of the church has gone smoothly. The office team has been great, and really are wonderful people. I love the cooperation and camaraderie that exists among the office team. I know it’s only been a month, but I feel like I have been here longer!
5. Northeast loves Cincinnati: One of things that drew us to Northeast was the emphasis on service and the outreach that takes place here in the area and to the larger Cincinnati area. Northeast is more than just a place, it is a group of people who are passionate about taking Jesus with the everywhere they go and this emphasis on service and outreach is evident week in and week out!
I am honored and excited to be here at this time in my life and to work with such an externally-focused church family. I am committed to meeting all of our teens and their families. I want you to know that I am here to partner with you and help your teens to discover your place in God’s unfolding story. Thank you!