I am back in Oklahoma from what seemed like a whirlwind trip to Dayton, OH and then back to Oklahoma. Nearly 2000 miles. I am glad to get out of the car, but the trip was worth it. There is nothing quite like getting to be with family and visiting with old friends. We weren’t home long enough to see everyone, but it was still a good trip.
I pray that ya’ll had a merry christmas!
Here is what I am looking forward to in 2009:
1. NCYM This year the conference is in Colorado Springs, CO. Every year this retreat is a time of renewal, and a time of rest. I am planning on taking a couple of my college kids with me this year, who are interested in youth ministry. I pray that they are blessed as I have been the last five years with this conference.
2. The Fiesta Bowl — I love the Buckeyes, and am looking forward to watching the game Jan. 5 against Texas. I know that nationally everyone hates the Buckeyes, but as a loyal fan and Ohio native I am a Buckeye till I die! Beat Texas.
3. LCU — I have 45 grad. hours completed, headed towards my M. Div. LCU is a great school, and has been a wonderful to me and my family over the last couple of years. If you are looking for a great graduate progam, give LCU a look. My Spring semester starts Jan. 6!
4. Playing with my girls on our Wii. We broke down and bought the girls for their birthday a Nintendo Wii. They love it, and so do we! (pun intended) My fav. game right now is Star Wars (lego style). Not just playing the Wii with them them, but being their daddy is such a high and awesome calling. I love them, and hope daily they see Jesus in me, even if at times I show a dim reflection of him.
5. Getting to minister to a great group of parents and students at Chisholm Trail. God has been good to us over the last five years. I appreciate your support and for allowing me to lead our youth program.
6. My wife — she grows more lovely to me every day. Honey, I know I am annoying, and sometimes fart at the wrong times, but I do love you, and want you to know that more in 2009 than ever before.
7. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince — I loved the series, and looking forward to sixth film.
8. The new president — I may not have voted for President Elect Obama, but I think it is great that we have elected our nation’s first black president. What a story of success. I pray that racial relations in our country will continue to improve, and that the church can be a place of teaching and modeling of what this is supposed to look like. I do appreciate President Elect Obama’s committment to figting poverty and helping to bring peace to the war-torn Darfur.
9. College Football in the fall! Need I say more?
10. Partnering with what God is doing in the world. I believe in a God who is alive and active through his church in reclaiming fallen people as well as creation. I am thrilled and excited athe oppportunity daily to see Jesus (Jn. 21:7) and to help connect people to him at all costs!